Monday, February 14, 2011

Two Hands to Help Fight Breast Cancer

I finally finished up and sent my contribution to Jeanette Shanigan's 2011 Bead Quilt project.



I'm not much for getting out and doing the long walks and other breast cancer fundraisers, but Jeanette's bead quilt project gave me a reason to get out my bead loom and create something for a good cause. This year's theme is “Caring hands beading together to help find a cure for breast cancer,” and Jeanette has been doing the "Bead It Forward" project since 2006, making bead quilts and auctioning them off with the proceeds going to breast cancer research.

The beaded portion of my quilt squares each measure 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 inches, and the design is all mine, based on Jeanette's 2011 theme. I got back into doing beading not quite 2 years ago after more than 10 years away, and after nearly 25 years away from doing any bead loom work. As much as I love doing my bead work, it is even more enjoyable to have a reason for making something. I'm looking forward to seeing how much Jeanette's quilts make this year, and to participating again next year.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool design, lots of little beads!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home